Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Nourishment for Your Soul

So now that Thanksgiving and Christmas is over and your stomach's are full, it's time to put that same enthusiasm and effort you had for your body into nourishing your mind and soul. I have two awesome books I am pleased and eager to share with you. I recently picked these books up and can't wait to begin reading.

The first book I want to recommend is It's Your Time by Joel Osteen. This book was recommended to me when I attended the Second Annual BOS Retreat (Reflection blog to soon come). The training and thoughts given from this book were amazing and I found myself writing down every passage. I couldn't wait to go to the bookstore and purchase it. If your looking for affirmation and change in your life, this is definitely a book for you.


The Second book is The Woman's Book of Confidence by Sue Patton Thoele. This is a great book to draw strength and inspiration from as well as meditations that you can use to affirm your life. This books goes through different challenges and chapters in your life that you may already have or may be going through right now. It teaches you how to have confidence within (whether or not you think you have  it already doesn't matter, it's deeper than that) and how to be your own best friend. It's about learning to trust yourself spiritually and emotionally. 


I challenge you to take the initiative into buying, borrowing, or checking out these books and see what positive changes that may take place in your life. With the new year approaching, why not become a new you? Become that person you dream about, talk about and even tried to be but couldn't quite get there. Take a leap of faith into God or whatever higher power you believe in and see what blessings would manifest for you. I'm so excited to continue on this journey of loving myself and finding out new things about myself. I'm not where I want to be in life, but the road there is getting clearer. Come take that path with me and see where you may end up.


"Sometimes an end can create a new beginning" -Constellation (movie)


Loved~Evolving~create
-Delesa J

No comments:

Post a Comment