Thursday, July 16, 2009

It's getting Ryl!!!

Update:
As I'm walking to the front of Wal-Mart to pay for my hair items, I received a call from an unknown number. Now out of all the times I was prepared to answer the phone when HE called, this one time catches me off guard. On the other line is an unfamiliar voice, my biological father Greg. I stop my tracks in the middle of the aisle leading to the cash register to hear what this foreign voice has to say. That weird silence of who should speak first and what to say lingers for a moment before I further engage into the conversation. So what do I say to the man who has been in and out of my life since birth: "How have you been?" Can you believe after all these years, that's what comes out of my mouth. Not him to ask first but me, I guess that's what happens when you have a leadership mindset and use to making initiatives. I guess not much has changed after all these years, seems like I'm still making the first move.
Since I am currently recording my documentary on everything, I can't indulge further into what the details of the conversation were but I can say this: this documentary will be raw, uncut and unscripted. You will see my struggle, my happiness, my tears, my blood (yes, due to crying and being flustered I had a small nosebleed), laughter, and all the other numerous emotions one can have. So stay tuned because the movie will answer any and hopefully all questions that you may have.
Back to the story:
So I ended the phone call by setting up a face to face meeting with him on Sunday. I don't know if he will be willing to be on camera but I will definitely do all I can to make that happen (It is the least he can do).
So my feelings after speaking with him? ALL over the place, I was so emotional and confused, even questioning whether I should continue or not. But I didn't quite, I need answers and I'm determined to get them!
What's Next:
Definitely stay tuned for the next post. I'm going to explain why I'm doing this documentary and why I'm willing to allow numerous strangers into my personal life and let them see things that only family should. Also, I plan on calling his mother (my grandmother) and meeting up with her in hopes of trying to establish some kind of relationship with her. In the meantime I will be putting up excerpts and samples of my writing and creating a DelesaJ Facebook and Twitter page so you can also follow me along in those ways.

As always thanks for reading,

-DelesaJ

No comments:

Post a Comment