Saturday, July 11, 2009

I <3 my Locs despite the difficult times

So I'm having a glass of Moscato, relaxing and watching TV and decided I'm still upset about my hair dilemma. For those of you who don't know, my hair is in a permanent hairstyle called Sisterlocks.

What are Sisterlocks?
Sisterlocks are tiny uniform locs that are the result of a precision parting grid, and the use of a specialized tool that places the hair into its locking formation. The Sisterlocks method does not require the use of waxes or jells. The small size and parting grid form a loc that is easily styled. (Courtesy of Sisterlocks.com)

Here are few pics of me and my SL's (Sisterlocks):








The dilemma I was having is retightening my locs myself. I paid $500.00 to get them installed/started and I usually go to the shop every 4-6 weeks to get them retightened professionally but paying for bills, and college fees, I don't have the money to get it done right now.
So like a true creative and DIY (Do it yourself) person I decided to do some research and learn how to do them myself. Now granted they have a class where you can go and learn but it's $250, that I also don't have right now. I finally finished my entire head, all by myself today (took me just about a week). I'm a little upset that I have to attend/pay for a class that will teach me how to retighten my own hair. I feel it should be included in the package when I first got them done. Not everyone wants to make a career out of doing SL's and we shouldn't be punished for those who don't follow the rules. I love my SL'S very dearly but the secret society that evolves around them gets frustrating sometimes.

P.S. Yes I did know what I was get into before I got them, but unforeseen actions do take place.

So please feel free to share your thoughts or opinions on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment