Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day Sonny Essence Beauties!!

So, this is an impromptu post, I just finished doing some homework and was going to work on a post showing you how to give better body massages (I love learning new things and excelling in old ones) when I realized I need to share some personal thoughts on such an emotional day for some. I've been learning so much about myself, life, love, pain, heartache, etc. over the last few months and that maybe what I've been learning can help someone else in their life journey.
Thus, Valentine's day is such a beautiful day, whether your in a relationship or not. I know you're probably smacking your lips and rolling your eyes but hear why I say that before you continue to judge. When you're in a relationship its such a wonderful day to overly express your love for that someone special (even though it should be done every day not just this one designated day). You show that significant person just how much you truly care or love them.
On the other hand, if you're single it should still be a day to give love to those that are the most important in your life whether that's your family, friends, pets, etc or a combination of all. Everyone has their turn being in love don't hate because maybe you were skipped this year. Love is a beautiful thing to celebrate regardless of who it's with, everyone's deserving of someone loving them. Don't be bitter or angry that you're single and try to downplay the day for everyone else. Do what I did with my friends, have a ladies only sleepover and movie day and celebrate yourself and life!!! After all, self-love is the best type of love you can give on Valentine's day. Focus on loving yourself and pampering yourself so that when your turn for someone special does come around, your in place to receive it. Learn to love yourself before you try to love someone else. I'm learning that the best way to get over heartache or anything else that's not going your way, is to indulge in yourself. Yes, I do mean indulge! Find something that you love to do and are passionate about. Spend time with family and friends, find a hobby, etc, etc. I can go on and on but the most important one is to invest in you. You will learn how vital it is for your confidence and overall being. Now with that said, Happy Valentine's Day. Have you loved yourself today?

"I'm having a private party...learning how to love me, celebrating the woman I've become"-India Arie

-Luv ya

Delesa J

~Loved~Evolving~create

*Pic. courtesy of: http://parkcountylibrary.org/2009/06/03/powells-new-books-for-june-are-showing-the-love/

No comments:

Post a Comment